Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The morning of the “Iguana”

181184Wednesday morning we woke up in St. Thomas USVI.    Verne and I bought tickets to ride a gondola to the hill overlooking the harbor.   At the top we had a bottle of water.    It was 85 degrees and we were soooooo not used to that.   Climbing the stair to the ride we noticed an iguana scurrying through the rocks.    I knew the grandsons would love to see one of those.    Found iguana figurines at a gift shop!!!!  188192193210Drove to the other side of the island to “Meagan’s Beach”   beautiful water and we cooled off for about 2 hours.   When we drove back into town we took little side allies of small shops.   We had been there about 19 years ago when I bought some pretty white Caribbean napkins.

 1 007This trip . . .                       I bought some more.216217

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I need a vacation after looking at all these pictures especially because it's snowing right now :(