Friday, February 27, 2009

OUT OF CONTROL
















Spring cleaning came early this year. V. helped push it here with the cutting down of our 22 year old POPLAR TREES. It took US and some young men to cut, stack, and chip the trunks. When we were finished we certainly could SEE the neighborhood better. " TIME FOR A FENCE" V. built the fence in 2 weekends and I wish I had a picture of his hands after the hammering and pounding he did. They were quite swollen. The yard looks "back to normal" now and we really like it better.

8 comments:

Hill Family said...

I do miss the Poplars, but I'm starting to get used to the fence and the new "baby" trees. Dad you are such a hard worker, and do great work! Good job on the fence.

Ashley May said...

The yard looks great! That is a lot of wood!! Verne looks small next to all of it!

Lindsi said...

The yard looks good from the pictures! I need to come see it! I want to start my yard, but it's still too cold for me! It's nice to get some projects done so you can "relax" this summer!

Heidi said...

I wish I could have been there to give you some help. It looks so nice and clean back there now. When I was there I saw the wood pile I remember it being 2 times the size that picture makes it look. I think it's time for some self tanner on the legs!! haha

Heidi said...

I like the red sweater.

Rachel said...

You have so much wood, I'm sure it was tons of work but the fence & Yard look really nice.

Rebecca said...

I love coming into your oasis - mean yard. Looks awesome as usual.

Amelia said...

LOVE to read your family blogs (all of them). Your kids are just chips off the old blocks. Lindsi fixing a dishwasher (young Verne, loved the photos of the cruise--too bad about Heidi no being able to get on board. You've done a GREAT job with your family!