Sunday, November 30, 2008

"One Potato" Thanksgiving






















We had a quiet Thanksgiving this year since all our children were at their in-laws for dinner.
Verne thought we would only need one potato for our small dinner, I just didn't know it would be the size of a football. So this was our "one potato" Thanksgiving. We had fun keeping up Brandon's tradition of going bowling, oh did I mention he couldn't come because he was working? It was fun and this year MaryLeigh threw a few balls too. One went very slow down the neighbors lane and had to be retrieved by "Big Al" So fun

6 comments:

Ashley May said...

I am impressed that you still made three homemade pies... well four including today! Thanks again for the DELICIOUS meal today! Looks like fun bowling, I love the story about MaryLeigh. She is such a cutie.

The Original TomKat said...

That's the funniest potatoe! It made me laugh just looking at it. The pies look yummy too.

Rachel said...

Your pies look so yummy, and your potato is so funny! Duet thanksgivings are sometimes just as fun as loud ones!

Heidi said...

mom you look good!! That is one deformed potato. From the garden I'm sure. Yum! Wish I could of been there. When I like Thanksgiving again I'm there.

Hill Family said...

We had a great time bowling with you. Porter liked raceing the cars with Grandpa also. Thanks for a great time.

Rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What a fun tradition!