Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Favorite Summer Things






Verne and I both love yard work and gardens, and I must say, Verne is, "out standing"
in his field!!

We have so many marion berries this year we have been making pies and also freezing the berries.


from the garden a favorite is the berries. our new recipe we've named "Maion Blue Pie" Useing your favorite Blackberry Pie recipe; you substitute 1/2 of the berries with equal part blueberries. (not so many seeds) Instead of useing flour as a thinkening; use the same amount of quick tapioca. This pie will taste amazing.


From the book shelf I am reading a classic,

A Tale of two Cites
"It was the best of times, it was the worst
of times." I think it is important that some
of these classic books are read; they never grow
old.



From the Church I was so excited to read the
Aug. Ensign and find out that Pres. Monson has
announced plans for three new temples in Arizona.
This brings the worldwide total to 140 temples.

5 comments:

Ashley May said...

I haven't seen the garden lately.. I can't beleive how tall the corn is... WOW! I'm glad you got your picture you wanted :O)

Your blog looks great, you got a lot done!

Rachel said...

Lori your blog is fantastic! I love looking at pictures, it's almost as good as being there. And I LOVE Verne's suit!

Rebecca said...

Way to go Lori! I love the blog and can't wait to see more! To delete your unwanted blog, go to settings, click on basic, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see "delete this blog." Just remember to sign on the blog you want deleted not your new one!

Heidi said...

The garden is awesome I wish I had room for corn at my house. Looks good

Heidi said...

lets see the chicken coup